Saturday, February 9, 2013

Knightley Academy




Dates Read: February 2013
After finishing Emma, I decided I wanted a quick and fun read so when I saw this book recommended on a blog, I decided to check it out from the library. It wasn't as good as some of the other YA books I've read lately, and although there are some similarities, it's definitely no Harry Potter, but it was a good, quick, fun read and I've already placed the second book in the series on hold at the library. (Sadly, the third book is not out yet.)

Summary: (from Amazon.com)
Henry Grim is a servant boy at the Midsummer School—until he passes the elite Knightley Academy exam and suddenly finds himself one of the first commoners at the Academy, studying alongside the cleverest and bravest—and most arrogant—young aristocrats in the country. They thwart Henry’s efforts to become a full-fledged Knight of the Realm, but he and two commoner classmates are determined to succeed. In the process, the boys uncover a conspiracy that violates the Hundred Years’ Peace treaty—and could lead to war! Can Henry manage to save his school and country from their enemies—and continue to study at the Academy?

No comments:

Post a Comment