Monday, February 4, 2013

Emma


Dates Read: ??? - January 2013
I started this book sometime in 2012 (perhaps in the spring). I wanted to join Elaine on her quest to read all of Jane Austen's books and this was the last one. I loved all the other books but sadly, I had the hardest time finishing this one! Perhaps it's because I was reading it on my phone so it felt like I wasn't making any progress (no pages to flip through) or perhaps it's because I was too into the other books I was reading at the same time. I'm glad I was finally able to finish because the third volume of this book was quite entertaining and a wonderful read - it's just too bad I didn't enjoy the second volume (or the end of the first volume) as much.

Summary: (from Amazon.com)
Sparkling comedy of provincial manners concerns a well-intentioned young heiress and her matchmaking schemes that result in comic confusion for the inhabitants of a 19th-century English village. Droll characterizations of the well-intentioned heroine, her hypochondriacal father, plus many other finely drawn personalities make this sparkling satire of provincial life one of Jane Austen's finest novels.

No comments:

Post a Comment