Saturday, November 5, 2011

Sarah's Key


Dates Read: November 2011





Elaine recommended I read this book and she let me borrow her copy so I had no excuses not to read it. It was such a great read! Part of it takes place during the roundup of the Jews in France in WWII and part of it takes place within the last few years. There were parts of this book that were hard to read (sad how many Jewish children from France died!) and there were parts where I cried, but it was such a good read and I'm glad I read it.

Summary: (from Amazon.com)
Paris, July 1942: Sarah, a ten-year-old girl, is taken with her parents by the French police as they go door to door arresting Jewish families in the middle of the night. Desperate to protect her younger brother, Sarah locks him in a bedroom cupboard—their secret hiding place—and promises to come back for him as soon as they are released. Sixty Years Later: Sarah’s story intertwines with that of Julia Jarmond, an American journalist investigating the roundup. In her research, Julia stumbles onto a trail of secrets that link her to Sarah, and to questions about her own future.

No comments:

Post a Comment