Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Persuasion and Lady Susan



Dates Read: September 2011

Last summer during my long road trip from NJ to Texas, I listened to these two books on tape. This year, when I downloaded the Jane Austen book set onto the Kindle, these two books came with it. Although I had already "read" them, I decided to read them again. I must have been paying more attention when listening to Lady Susan because I remembered the plot as I was reading, but with Persuasion, I was reading as if I'd never read it before.

Persuasion was similar to the other Austen novels (romance novel with twists and turns) while Lady Susan was quite different as it was written in the form of a series of letters and the main character was somewhat of a villain (but it was still a romance with twist and turns).  Very interesting reads (if you like Austen novels).

No comments:

Post a Comment